Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pay it forward


Have you ever seen the movie "Pay it forward"? In 2000, Catherine Ryan Hyde's novel Pay It Forward was published and adapted into a Warner Brothers film, Pay It Forward. In Ryan Hyde's book and movie it is described as an obligation to do three good deeds for others in repayment of a good deed that one receives. Such good deeds should be things that the other person cannot accomplish on their own. In this way, the need to help one another can spread exponentially through society, creating a social movement with the goal of making the world a better place.

Have you ever ruminate the above and wish one day we could do what the book suggests, pay it forward? Look around you, study your friends, colleagues and family, will any of them be able to achieve the 'pay it forward' philosophy? I wish I could...although most time I do undermine myself, I truly wish I could 'pay it forward'.. But, it does require someone doing a good deed for me...and I pay forward the good deed to some one else.. it's a simple and easy enough gesture to adopt, how many of us will follow through...and if we do, won't this world or even our small little universe be a little better place to live in?

My shot of the day - a devoted temple goer, praying...on a closing note, if all religious organisations adopt the above philosophy, won't this strengthen the faith of doing good in the eyes of God? Food for thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment