Monday, December 21, 2009

The Rich, the poor and the obnoxious...



So what makes one rich, or poor, or just merely obnoxious? The definition of rich : having wealth or great possessions; abundantly supplied with resources, means, or funds; wealthy: a rich man; a rich nation. The definition of poor : having little or no money, goods, or other means of support..

My definition : a person is rich when one is rich in health, in compassion, in empathy, in life's journey. A person is poor when one is ignorant, selfish, egoistic, narcissistic, self-indulgent and totally oblivious.. And then of course, there are the special breed, the breed of the obnoxious, tight-lipped class of individuals...

I realized that in my life, I've met many obnoxious people, some of them stems from self narcissism, some just merely thought one was beyond their 'class'. The 'mem-sahib' days may be over for the English but apparently the inheritance of the attitude is still quite prevalent... even in this backyard civilized society. The disgusted "look down the nose" gaze as one gives you when one wants to ignore your supposedly 'uninformed' opinion has grown to certain degree of amusement for me...I intend very much to attend creative writing class so I can write with a degree of pomp coupled with amusing anecdotes of this very fascinating 'class' of people, which I am sure will make it to the bestseller's list (or am I now being obnoxious..!?)...so till that day comes, I shall be contented of just updating this blog with a small degree insufferable ideas and grievances...

Shot of the day..people in snow in Copenhagen...

No comments:

Post a Comment